Construction Company was founded in 1958 by O.N. (Nic) Giles (grandfather), specializing in the residential market. In the mid-1960’s, he expanded into the downstream market, contracting for Conoco at the Artesia New Mexico refinery. Nic then moved the business into the commercial market as a general contractor, mainly focusing on schools and other state government projects.
Thomas N. (Tommy) Giles (father) worked off and on for Giles Construction Company from the late 1960’s through the mid-1980’s. He also worked for Brown & Root from the early 1970’s to the mid-1980’s. He purchased the business from Nic in 1988.
- Thomas S. Giles (Sid) worked for Giles Construction Company from 1997-2000
- Incorporated in 1999 (Giles Incorporated)
- Since purchasing the business in 2013 from the previous owner, we have expanded into new markets and new locations, including West Texas
2017 Zero Lost Time or Recordable Award – American Society of Concrete Contractors
Supporting the local community and its youth!
- Eddy County Casa
- Greater Artesia Foundation
- Faith, Hope & Love Foundation
- Senior Salute
- Artesia High School Sports
- Artesia High School Band
- Eddy County Fair Association
- Yates Memorial Scholarship Trust
- Artesia Horse Council
- Chase Foundation